Dyson Vacuum Robot - 360 Heurist - Dyson Is Thinking Outside the Box!

I'm really excited to be testing and reviewing the brand-new Dyson 360 hearest robot vacuum. It's a completely unique take on the robot vacuum and like every robot, it has its pros and cons we put it through all of our usual tests and this video will show the results of those tests and be our review.


Let's get started one of the first things you'll notice about the Dyson 360 hearest is that it's not like other robot vacuums for one thing its size and shape are strikingly different than a typical robot vacuum but the closer you look the more you'll notice that Dyson apparently told its engineers and designers to think outside the box and not to rely on what other robot vacuum companies we're doing take.



For example it has tank tracks instead of wheels or a bagless cyclone system or its larger brush roll or that its charger is a sleek slim foldable thing instead of a typical charger and as we'll see when we look at the navigation algorithm this uniqueness is more than skin-deep as well this is Dyson's second-generation robot vacuum with the main upgrades from the previous version being the new quad-core processor which has 10 gigabytes of memory 20 times more than the previous version.


Basically this makes the 360 hearest much better at navigation including mapping adapting and aggregating those maps so basically it's a lot smarter then another major upgrade on the Dyson 360 hearest is really unique it's a bank of LED lights around the camera on the top of the vacuum but let's back up a minute to explain why that matters so the Dyson 360 hearest like many other smart navigation robot vacuums use a top-mounted camera to map out your house and to help it know where it is on that map the problem with camera-based or sometimes called V slam robot vacuums is that they need the lights to be on in the house in order to operate which isn't always convenient especially if you plan on scheduling your robot to clean when no one is home or at night but these lights on the hearest automatically brighten either a little bit or a lot depending on how much light is in the room which is a pretty cool solution to this problem.


Ok so let's move on to the pros and cons starting with the pros it's really powerful Dyson says it has twice the suction of any other robot vacuum and maybe it does but I could not confirm that with our tests mainly because I had to get really creative just to get airflow numbers due to the way it's sensors were positioned phungster short my airflow numbers weren't that high maybe a little above average but airflow and suction are not always linked and in any case I didn't trust my measurements due to the odd way I had to test this particular robot since its shape didn't allow for our usual tests that being said the dyson 360 hearest had easily the best performance on the crevice pickup test that I've ever seen picking up all of the debris in all of the crevices virtually as soon as it touched it this is extremely rare as most robot vacuums can only pick up a fraction of this debris to be fair the great showing here is almost certainly to do with the way the cleaner head is shaped that is it's really close to the ground it makes a really good seal on hard floors its ability to deep clean carpets was also really good we embed sand into medium pile carpet to see how much it can pick up and the Dyson 360 got an extremely high score of 80% which is very good for a robot vacuum in fact I think it's the first non room but I've tested to get that high now I won't say the rest of the stuff I have to say about the hearest is negative there is some really good stuff mixed in here too but for the most part we'll be moving on to the cons it's pickup ability on hard floors and carpet was mixed on the one hand I thought I did exceptionally well with picking up everything from fine debris to larger debris on carpet and hard floors I was especially impressed with its ability to pick up fine debris very cleanly which isn't always the case with robot vacuums the only issue at all was related to it getting clogged with larger debris which then needs to be dug out from the air intake this is not something I'm used to dealing with with robot vacuums in fact I can't think of another time this has happened but it happened in almost every test I did with a Dyson in fact there's even a clogged system indicator light built in this is most likely due to the fact that Dyson is using its patented cyclones on its robot vacuum and I assume the air intakes need to be a little smaller for some reason it's not a huge deal and it should be stated that this is almost certainly just going to happen with large piles of larger debris like in our tests ie not in the real world but it's still a limitation there's a really amazing feature associated with its navigation but before we can get to that I need to describe the basics of its navigation so in our tests the 360 here is did really good in terms of coverage of both the small and larger my only complaint was that it took longer than average to do it I said earlier that the Dyson 360 hearest is unique in every way which included its navigation algorithm and here you can get a sense that it's sort of using a system of squares and I don't know kind of a patchwork pattern to navigate and like I said the coverage was fine but it took on average about 40 minutes for the small room test and that was after running it many times to make sure it had learned the room and that is almost double the average amount of time for a smart vacuum keep in mind that most of the smartness in a robot vacuum comes out when you allow it to map a large home and develop a large map but these smaller tests do also help to know how efficient a robot vacuum is generally speaking and it didn't seem very efficient to me the thing I really liked about its navigation though was that in addition to the zones you could create on the app so you could create rooms and tell it to clean certain areas and not others it had what I've come to think of as no go lines or virtual walls where you can draw a box around an area on the map that you don't want the robot to go this is a new feature for camera-based or V slam robots and even iRobot has only recently started rolling out a similar feature but Dyson's version of the no-go lines was excellent it seemed very accurate maybe even a little more accurate than AI robots another mix of good and bad stuff was with the hair test so I tested it with one gram of five inch human hair which most robots don't do very well with and the Dyson was better than average only getting about 15% of the hair tangled in its roller but in our real-world test it got a lot of the tassels from our rug tangled in the brush which is not something I've seen other robot vacuums do before it's size is another good and bad thing it's super small in terms of its diameter so it can clean around chair legs better than any robot vacuum on the market but it's also much taller than any robot vacuum out there meaning it's not going to be able to get under most couches which is arguably one of the reasons to get a robot vacuum also because of its size it has a relatively small dust bin at three hundred and thirty milliliters not the smallest I've ever seen but pretty close another con is that apparently this fairly unique robot vacuum is not going to be released in the US I know it's in Japan and Canada and apparently this robot was designed for a certain home type and that's the reason for the limited release though I have they're working on a robot vacuum to be released in the u.s. at a later time so to me the Dyson 360 hearest is a mix of awesome innovation as well as a few things that could use improvement but one thing is for sure Dyson engineers are marching to a different beat than all of their competitors and I hope that means great things for the future links in the description and thanks for watching.
loading...

0 Response to "Dyson Vacuum Robot - 360 Heurist - Dyson Is Thinking Outside the Box!"

Posting Komentar